- Nov 12, 20
- Shawn Cole
- 0 comment
Interview: Chief Revenue Officer Questions
Cowen Partners has assembled a list of the top Chief Revenue Officer interview questions for CEOs and Founders to hire a qualified sales leader.
- Before we start, do you have any questions I can answer?
- Tell me about your ability to work under pressure?
- What field/ industry experience do you have as a Chief Revenue Officer/ VP Sales
- What professional development have you pursued in the last year?
- What would you like me to know about you?
- Why do you believe we should hire you?
- What knowledge do you have about the company/ product/ service?
- Why are you leaving your last job?
- Tell us about some of your deliverables in your last positions
- Are there any key metrics or goals you were held to?
- What do you consider to be your best strength?
- What do you consider to be your biggest weakness?
- How do you manage others?
- Tell me about the teams you have managed in the past
- What do you see yourself doing in five years?
- What are your salary expectations? Salary, not total compensation
- What total compensation are you accustomed to?
- How have you been bonused/ commissioned in the past?
- What metrics were tied to your bonus/ commission?
- Did you achieve those goals? Quarterly, annually? Why/ Why Not?
Chief Revenue Officer Job Description & Requirements
While CROs may need special credentials or skills in specific industries, here are the general requirements included in chief revenue officer job descriptions.
- College degree required, MBA (or equivalent advanced degree) preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on sales management experience in a high-growth B2B software/SaaS environment.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience with sales strategy planning and execution, sales operations, customer success, sales marketing, channel and partner management, business planning, and sales support management in a global setting
- Well-versed in complex direct and channel sales processes.
- Highly motivated with an ability to create and work collaboratively with multiple skills leveled sales team.
- Strategically view the marketplace, analyze opportunities &successfully manage the growth of a profitable enterprise software/content business.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy that will allow for future channel expansion
- Track record of managing multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to prioritize efforts based on ROI to the business.
- Strategic and highly analytical with a leaning towards data-driven decision making and execution.
- Outstanding customer and partner-facing communication skills.
Cowen Partners has a strong record of identifying and recruiting Chief Revenue Officers for fast-growing public and private companies. Contact us if you would like to discuss recruiting an exceptional CRO for your organization.
Check out our industry-leading resources to see why Cowen Partners is a 5-star executive search firm in New York City, Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Los Angeles, and beyond: